We are currently seeking a qualified architect to join us in our busy Practice by the sea in Exmouth, Devon.Paul Humphries Architects is a small, National Architectural Award Winning RIBA Chartered Practice. We are looking for an architect with experience of running projects from inception to completion, primarily in the residential sector. The candidate will need to be comfortable taking responsibility and working independently, managing projects as well as working as part of a team. You will gain experience on a variety of projects at varying stages of design/construction.
Role and Requirements
• ability to produce drawing packages on time and to a high level of detail and accuracy
• identify potential issues within the documents and the project that may arise in a timely manner
• liaising with the consultant teams, to ensure that all design services are coordinated
• overseeing the design and delivery on site
• dealing with clients and chairing design team meetings as lead consultant
• a good understanding of current planning guidelines and UK building regulations
• a minimum of three years project running experience in the UK
• excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• team player attitude
• excellent time management skills
• good knowledge of Archicad essential/highly beneficial – training will be given
The salary will be negotiated based on the candidate’s experience.
This is a full-time permanent position within the company, professional memberships paid.
Please send applications consisting of C.V , portfolio and examples of relevant experience by email to email@example.com.
No agencies please.
PHA feel that it is important to view any project within a broad context. The needs of the end users, consideration of the usable economic life and future use of the building are always a prime concern for us. Therefore, flexibility in use and the accommodation of change are, post occupancy, also a major concern. This said, we firmly believe that to achieve quality in building, and excellence in architecture requires the full involvement and participation of our clients in the
Much of the work of the Practice is involved with housing - which it considers to be its forte, and has an extensive track record in this area. Some of our recent house designs has been published nationally as a testament to the quality of our design work, and the work of the practice has recently been featured on BBC television. We have also been lucky enough to have won architectural awards too.
Whilst we can design in any style, we do not seek to impose any particular style on a project, but seek to listen and respond directly to our client’s wishes, and respond directly to the given conditions of a particular site. Although it could be argued that much of design is producing solutions to problems, (which most architects and engineers should be capable of) we seek to achieve more than this; Architecture is emotion.